A twist out is a great look that can be styled in so many amazing ways. It is a look that can be worn by both naturalistas as well as relaxed ladies out there. If you love curls then this is truly a look your must try. Now it may take a bit of time and may need to be redone after 2 -3 days but once you have the hang of doing it becomes a quick process.
How to get the look:
- Determine the position for your hairs parting
- Separate the hair into four large sections. clip three sections out of the way
- Detangle and moisturise the hair using water and a good mmoisturiser ( if using gel add some to the hair shaft at this point. Make sure the products are evenly spread throughout the hair. Twist the hair using a two strand twist method (or you can flat twist the sections as shown in the video)
- Repeat the moisturising and twisting process across all the hair
- Allow hair to dry
- Undo the twists and fluff out the hair
- Go out and enjoy you twist out hair day
Check out this video guide to getting a twist out!
The products featured in the video may not be available in SA but we recommend the following product alternatives.
- Moisturiser – Try our home – made shea butter moisturiser recipe to add moisture and shine to your twists
- Styling Gel – For a longer lasting twist we recommend adding a bit of gel to the hair shaft before creating your twists.